Wonderful dish for a quick dinner. It’s easy to make, flavorful and light. Great vegetarian or meatless Monday option. You will love it so much you may not even miss the pasta. Use the best Parmigiano-Reggiano you can get and fresh basil. We cheated a little for the sake of time with Mario Batali marinara sauce, it is by far the best sauce we have found in a jar! For extra protein you may add ground meat or ground turkey to the marinara.
Zucchini Linguine Alla Marinara
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium zucchini’s
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 C yellow onion-diced
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 16oz jar of Mario Batali marinara sauce
- 1/2 C white wine
- 1/4 C freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Basil for garnish
- Using a mandolin on the thinnest setting, slice zucchini lengthwise.
- Stack several slices on top of each other and slice vertically to create linguine strips. Repeat until all slices are done. Set aside
- In a non-stick pan on medium, heat 1 T of olive oil, saute onion until soft, add garlic and sauté until light brown, be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add sauce and white wine, continue cooking for an additional 10 mins.
- In a separate non-stick pan on medium, heat the remaining 1 T of olive oil and butter.
- Add zucchini and saute until golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the zucchini into serving bowls, top with marinara sauce and sprinkle with fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
Recipe Created By | Pepper Weinglass
- Serving Size: 2-4