Watermelon Bites are fresh and delicious and are a wonderful way to take advantage of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Preparation is easy and the presentation is beautiful. Pair them with our Medjool Date Bites and enjoy them with cocktails. This recipe was inspired by one of our favorite chefs, Giada De Laurentiis. Mix yellow, orange or red cherry tomatoes for colorful variety!
Serve with pretty Party Picks
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 small seedless watermelon, cut into 24 cubes
- 24 fresh mint leaves (small or torn larger leaves)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Balsamic glaze or 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/4 of balsamic to make your own
- Kosher salt
- 24 Decorative Party Picks
- If you can’t find balsamic glaze you can make your own by combining the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Using a pic first push a tomato half cut side up, followed by a mint leaf and finally a watermelon cube.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze
- Lightly sprinkle with salt
Inspired By | Giada De Laurentiis
- Serving Size: 8-10