No time for homemade pizza? No problem, this beautiful little tart is perfect as an appetizer or during cocktails. It is so easy to make and perfect as a last minute to do, before your guest arrive. We always keep puff pastry on hand and the ingredients are very flexible, so it’s fine to use delicious combinations that you might have on hand. If available use yellow and red tomatoes for added color.
For another variation try our Pear and Gorgonzola Tart. Enjoy!
Tomato and Feta Tart
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 package), thawed according to package directions.
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 oz crumbled feta
- 1 T oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface
- Roll out into a 9-by-13-inch rectangle about 1/8″ thick
- Cut in half lengthwise into 2 rectangles
- Transfer rectangles to a rimmed baking sheet
- Using a fork, prick each rectangle evenly over entire length
- Fold in 1/2 inch of pastry along entire edge of each rectangle to create a border.
- Arrange cherry tomato halves, sliced tomatoes, and feta on top of pastry rectangles
- Sprinkle with oregano, season with salt and pepper, and top with thyme sprigs
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, cut each tart into 4 pieces, and serve.
Adapted From | Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends
- Serving Size: 4-6