Having a luncheon, maybe a dinner party and need a special beverage or cocktail? This is it, this Thyme and Lime Iced Tea is fragrant, fresh and delicious. If your guests desire a little something extra the tea is wonderful in a shaker with a little cognac and then served back over ice.
Thyme and Lime Iced Tea
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Juice and zest of 2 large limes
- 3 black tea bags. We used TAZO, Earl Grey with essence of Bergamot or one such as Twining’s Irish Breakfast Tea would work as well.
- Lime Slices
- Thyme Sprigs
- Bring 6 cups water, sugar, thyme, cinnamon sticks, lime juice and lime zest to a boil in a 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the tea bags. Steep the tea for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour the tea into 4 ice-filled glasses and serve.
- Garnish with a lime slice and a sprig of thyme
Adapted From | Giada De Laurentiis