Seriously delicious Spicy Corn Pudding!
First introduced to Spicy Corn Pudding at a dinner party, we could have honestly devoured the entire tray. Outrageously delicious, sweet and spicy, this corn pudding resembles a souffle. The recipe originates from ”Anna Pump’s cookbook, “Country Weekend Entertaining”. Her lovely cookbook features a wonderful collection of recipes for seasonal entertaining from Loaves and Fishes, the distinguished catering and prepared-food establishment in Sagaponack, Long Island, and The Bridgehampton Inn.
I modified it a bit with the addition of more Jalapeno because, why not and some finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano to add a nutty component.
The recipe is super easy and if you enjoy (organic-non GMO) corn as much as we do, you will love this spicy pudding. Below is a visual list of ingredients and the recipe.
Spicy Corn Pudding
We could honestly devour the entire tray of this outrageously delicious, sweet and spicy corn pudding (that resembles a souffle). For a more elegant presentation you can bake in individual souffle dishes. It freezes very well for a quick side dish anytime.
- Category: Side Dish
- 3 pickled jalapeno pepper, or less to taste
- 3 small Anaheim peppers, stems removed
- 3 cups fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups organic cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup organic heavy cream
- 1/4 of Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 5 tablespoons organic, unsalted, melted sweet cream butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a two-quart casserole.
- In the bowl of food processor, purée the jalapenos and Anaheim peppers. Add the corn and pulse five times.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl, add eggs, and beat well to blend. Add cottage cheese, heavy cream, butter and Parmigiano Reggiano, stir well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix until the dry and wet ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the casserole and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until pudding is set.