Rustic Grilled Vegetables
A platter of grilled vegetables is easy, beautiful and delicious. Try to grill what is fresh and in season to create your own unique platter. Serve these as a meal with crusty grilled bread or as a side for any protein. The EVO flat iron grill allows you to grill the entire platter at the same time.
Rustic Grilled Vegetables
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 2 small radicchio heads, core intact and quartered
- 24 assorted gemstone or baby potatoes
- 1 bunch of whole baby carrots, greens trimmed
- 1 bunch baby onions, roots cut off
- 1 bunch (1-pound) asparagus or green beans, trimmed
- 1 Large Lemon, sliced into wedges or rings
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Par boil the potatoes, green beans and carrots until just tender, rinse under cold water and allow to cool. (for carrots and green beans finish with an ice bath to retain color.
- Using short bamboo sticks, thread 6 skewers using 4 potatoes each, alternating colors if using assorted gemstones.
- Cut twelve 1.5″ pieces of rosemary with 1/2″ exposed stock and insert exposed stocked into the end of each skewer, leaving a floret of rosemary sticking out of each end.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare the barbecue or EVO flat iron grill (medium-high heat).
- Brush the vegetables including potato skewers with 1/4 cup of the oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 8 to 10 minutes for the peppers, carrots and onions; 7 minutes for the zucchini and green beens, 4 minutes for the radicchio and asparagus.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter. The key to getting those great grill/char marks is to not shift the vegetables too frequently once they’ve been placed on the hot grill.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables, garnish with lemon. Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.
Inspired By | Giada De Laurentis
- Serving Size: 6
Interested in owning your own EVO grill?
Contact Us, and we will be happy to order you one.