Ripe pears and gorgonzola are wonderful together, and when paired with woody rosemary and crunchy walnuts, absolutely amazing. The combination of flavors in this simple, yet elegant tart are the perfect way to start any dinner party. The final drizzle of honey perfectly complements the pungent gorgonzola. We love this with a crisp glass of white wine.
For another variation try our Tomato and Feta Tart. Enjoy!
Pear and Gorgonzola Tart
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 package), thawed according to package directions.
- 2 pears, halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 oz crumbled gorgonzola
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1 T chopped rosemary
- 2 T honey
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured work surface
- Roll out into a 9-by-13-inch rectangle about 1/8″ thick
- Cut in half lengthwise into 2 rectangles
- Transfer rectangles to a rimmed baking sheet
- Using a fork, prick each rectangle evenly over entire length
- Fold in 1/2 inch of pastry along entire edge of each rectangle to create a border.
- Arrange pear slices on top of pastry rectangle and sprinkle with Gorgonzola, walnuts, and rosemary.
- Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with honey.
- Cut each tart into 4 pieces and serve.
Adapted From | Williams-Sonoma Cooking for Friends
- Serving Size: 4-6