Everybody loves a great salsa! I’ve had several homemade variations that I could drink by the gallon and many store bought versions that are pretty great. The recipe I’m about to share with you combines the best of both and should be outlawed it’s so good. This recipe was shared with us by a dear family friend, Maureen Scott Field and is absolutely genius! Now go stock up on chips and prepare for a party in your mouth.
Mix all ingredients together, adding vinegar 1 teaspoon at a time to taste. Chill for a few hours to combine flavors and serve.
Party In Your Mouth Salsa
Salsa and Tomato Sauce should be used in equal amounts.
- 1 15oz jar or 2-7oz cans of Herdez Salsa Casera (see notes)
- 1 15oz can of Good Tomato Sauce
- 1–3 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Large Bunch of Cilantro Leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of good olive oil or other neutral oil
- Mix all ingredients together, adding vinegar 1 teaspoon at a time to taste. Chill for a few hours to combine flavors and serve.
Salsa Casera is made by Herdez and has just five fresh ingredients, tomatoes, onions, serrano peppers, salt and cilantro, available in mild, medium or hot. Choose the spice level according to your preference. It can usually be found in cans or glass jars
If Herdez is not available substitute your favorite similar red salsa as a base for this recipe.