This time of year zucchinis aka courgette are abundant in all shapes and sizes, usually dark or light green but with hybrids in deep yellow or orange. The Aspen farmer’s market offers everything from little zucchinis to huge amazing ones that could feed a crowd. Take a look at the HUGE dark green one below, we put our business card on it to show the size. Needless to say we have been challenged to create recipes using this beautiful summer squash. We challenge you to try these brownies on your children, you might want to omit the fact that they contain zucchini until after they’ve savored the first bite. They are also the perfect gluten free treat, containing no refined sugar.
Don’t miss our recipe for “Stuffed Zucchini Flowers with Ricotta and Basil”
Mix shredded zucchini and chocolate chips with dry ingredients to coat well (this step will insure the brownies are moist, but not wet). Incorporate wet ingredients just to blend, do not over mix.
Pour into an 8″ x 8″ or 9″ x 9″ greased pan, lined with parchment, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick, when it comes out clean, brownies are done.Print
Outrageous Zucchini Brownies
Don’t think for a minute that just because these Outrageous Zucchini Brownies are gluten free and contain no refined sugar, that they aren’t the best thing you’ll ever taste. They are seriously outrageous…even your kids will love them.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Desserts, Sweets
- 2 c Zucchini, shredded, with all water squeezed out
- 1 c Dark Choc Chips
- 1/2 tbsp. Ground Espresso
- 1/2 tsp. Black Onyx Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp. Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp. baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 c Almond Butter, Crunchy
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 c Honey
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 8” x 8″ or 9” x 9″ Square Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat an oven to 350 ° F.
- Mix shredded zucchini and chocolate chips with dry ingredients to coat well (this step will insure the brownies are moist, but not wet). Incorporate wet ingredients just to blend, do not over mix.
- Pour into an “8 x 8″ or 9″ x 9” greased pan, lined with parchment, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Insert a toothpick, when it comes out clean, brownies are done.
Resipe Developed By: Pepper Weinglass