Meyer Lemon Spaghetti is fresh and light and can be served as a first course or entree. Use the freshest, best ingredients possible. We like Barilla thin spaghetti pasta for this recipe. It is important to reserve pasta water to adjust your sauce.
Meyer Lemon Spaghetti
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- 1 pound/457 g spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic, for rubbing
- 2 lemons (zest of 1 lemon, juice of 2 lemons)
- 5 tablespoons/74 ml good extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup/235 ml finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
- Large Bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped
- Place the spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water and stir immediately to prevent the strands from sticking. Cook the spaghetti to “al dente”.
- Cut the garlic in half and rub the exposed area along the interior of a large serving bowl. The raw garlic flavor will coat the inside surface of the serving bowl. Discard the garlic. Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and slowly drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil while whisking. Whisk until the ingredients have emulsified. Mix in the salt and Parmigiano cheese.
- When the spaghetti is ‘al dente’, drain and add to the serving bowl.
- Mix the pasta with the lemon sauce to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the pasta dish with Parmigiano cheese, fresh parsley and lemon zest. Serve immediately.
Adapted From | David Rocco
- Serving Size: 4-8