So refreshing and delicious! From the garden and the bottle, into your glass…This cocktail can be mixed in larger batches for a party. It’s a wonderful twist on a classic.
Meyer Lemons are sweeter than regular lemons, so if you use regular lemons, which I don’t suggest, you might need more simple syrup.
Meyer Lemon Mojito
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 of the rind of a Meyer lemon, cut into small wedges
- 4 oz fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice, save juice,
- 1/4 C of mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup (sugar and water)
- 4 oz of citrus rum
- Club soda
- Add equal parts granulated sugar and water to a small saucepan, bring to a boil for 1 to 2 minutes and lower heat to a simmer for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and add mint sprigs. Allow simple syrup to cool completely before using in your drink.
- Place 1/4 of the cut up rind, 1/2 of the Meyer lemon juice, simple syrup and mint leaves into a tall glass or cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, muddle the mint leaves and Meyer lemon rinds.
- Add more simple syrup to taste if needed.
- Transfer to glass along with the rest of the Meyer lemon juice.
- Add club soda and/or rum along with ice. Give one quick stir with a spoon or drink stirrer and serve immediately.
Created By: Pepper Weinglass
- Serving Size: 2