Meyer Lemon Curd Strawberry Tart with Nut Crust
- 4 C Walnuts
- 6 Dates
- 4 T Unsalted Butter, cold chopped
- 1 C Sugar
- Zest of 3 Meyer Lemons
- 1 C Meyer Lemon juice
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 4 Organic Eggs Yolks
- 5 Oz. unsalted Butter
- 1 C Semi-sweet Choc. Chips
- 1 ½ C of Organic Strawberries, washed and dried
- ½ C Strawberry Jelly
- 1 T Cointreau
- In Food Processor add walnuts and dates, pulse to a medium crumb.
- Add chopped butter and pulse again to blend.
- Pour mixture into a 9″ or 12″ x 4″ tart pan and press evenly up along the sides and the bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven and spread chocolate chips in an even layer.
- As they melt with the heat of the tart, take a spatula and spread an even coat on the crust.
- Allow it to cool and cover it with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Place Sugar and Lemon zest in a mortar and grind with the pestle to combine and release the oils.
- Transfer sugar mixture to medium heatproof bowl along with eggs and egg yolks, whisk to combine.
- Place over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until sugar has dissolived.
- Add lemon juice and continue whisking until mixture is thick and reaches 160 degrees on a instant read thermometer. Scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add butter and whisk until well combined, strain lemon mixture through a fine mesh sieve and allow to cool.
- Cover lemon curd with plastic wrap pressing wrap directly onto surface, transfer to refrigerator and chill completely.
- Slice strawberries, set aside.
- When crust and chocolate are cold, add a layer of lemon curd and spread evenly.
- If you have any curd left, put it in a small glass jar, it makes a perfect hostess gift.
- Then add sliced strawberries in and even layer overlapping.
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat mix strawberry jelly and Cointreau until melted and combined.
- While still warm, using a pastry brush spread jelly mixture over strawberries and curd until evenly covered.
- Chill until ready to cut and serve. Can also be served with Whipped fresh cream.
Created By: Pepper Weinglass