Grande yum factor on this dessert! Let’s break it down, creamy, cheesy, spicy, sweet, decadent, rich and basically just totally awesome. Amen Wardy, Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños are so delicious we use them for everything from entrees to desserts and sides. Adding them to a cheesecake, resulted in a dessert that was fantastic and over the top. We also love these peppers served alongside our Savory Beef Tenderloin with Whipped Cream Horseradish.
If you’ve tried these jarred jalapeños then you get it! If you haven’t then you are in for a treat. Give Amen Wardy Aspen a call to order 970-920-7700.
Pour into the pan and bake for 1 hour in water bath. Cool before cutting. If using Amen Wardy Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños, top each slice with a few jalapeños as shown.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup pecan
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 pound butter — at room temperature
- 3 Pound cream cheese-softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons of Amen Wardy, Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños, minced or 2 tablespoons of fresh Jalapeños, seeded and minced or to taste depending on heat and preference for spice level
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine cracker crumbs, pecans and sugar in food processor, add softened butter and combine.
- Line bottom and sides of spring form pan with crust.
- Bake the crust until it begins to brown and becomes fragrant, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime proceed with making the cheese cake filling.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice in a food processor. Add eggs one at a time, incorporating each one before adding the next until smooth. Add chopped Amen Wardy, Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños and pulse 8 to 10 times into cream cheese mixture.
- Once crust cools, wrap the outside of the pan with 1 sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil to prevent water from entering the pan and set into a large roasting pan.
- Bring a kettle of water to boil.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the spring-form pan and set it inside the roasting pan, set the nested pans on an oven rack set in the middle position of the oven and pour boiling water into the roasting pan until it reaches about halfway up the sides of the spring-form pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 1 to 1-1/2 hrs until the center is set. Remove from the oven.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the roasting pan for 45 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool until barely warm, about 2 1/2 to 3 hours longer. Run a knife around the inside edge of the spring-form pan to loosen the cake.
- Wrap the pan tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, about 3 hours.
- To un-mold the cheesecake, wrap a kitchen towel wet with hot water around the cake pan for 1 minute. Remove the sides of the pan and carefully slide the cake onto a cake platter. Let the cheesecake sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- If using Amen Wardy Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños, top each slice with a few jalapeños as shown
- 1 roasting pan, large enough to contain a 10″ cheesecake spring-pan such as a turkey roaster
- 1 10″ spring-form pan
- heavy-duty aluminum foil
Amen Wardy Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños are available for sale at Amen Wardy Home in Aspen Colorado. Call to order 970-920-7700. The AW-Spicy Jazzy Jalapeños are sweet and spicy pickled pepper. If you have a similar favorite brand try it.