Really amazing Coconut Ice Cream is a mouthful of tropical heaven. Every time I make it, I wonder what else I could add to it, a little chocolate, maybe some nuts?
Then I realize, I’m not accessorizing a little black dress, and this icy, creamy concoction needs nothing more than a bowl, a spoon and your mouth or? I know what you’re thinking…but trust me it’s that good!
Try some of our other coconut inspired desserts!Print
Fresh Coconut Ice Cream
Cream of Coconut Coco López: The original and reigning champ of Cream of Coconut, a delicious cream made from the tender meat of sun ripened Caribbean coconuts and blended with the exact portion of natural cane sugar.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 1/2 Gallon 1x
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: Dessert
- 1 quart whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Coco López-Cream of Coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- 8 egg yolks, beaten
- 10 ounces of frozen fresh coconut
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine the milk, cream, Coco López-Cream of Coconut, sugar and pepper. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Bring the milk up to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, this will scald the milk.
- Temper the beaten egg yolks into the hot milk. Continue to cook until the mixture comes back to a boil. The mixture should be thick and will coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a glass bowl.
- Fold in the fresh coconut. Cover the top of the mixture with plastic wrap and cool completely. Place the mixture in the refrigerator and chill completely.
- Pour the filling into the ice cream machine and follow the instructions for the churning time.
There are many brands of Cream of Coconut but Coco López is the best one we’ve tried.
Keywords: Coconut, Ice Cream