Authentic Greek food in that will make your taste-buds dance!
Named after a small fishing village on the island of Samos in the Aegean Sea, Kokkari is the sister restaurant to acclaimed Evvia Estiatorio in Palo Alto, California. The flavors of Greece jump off the plate
Having grown up in a Lebanese kitchen that shares so many similar flavors to Greek cuisine, made my first trip to Kokkari not only memorable but addictive. Upon first entering the restaurant and getting a glimpse of the wood-burning rotisserie, framing a rustic table, decorated with pyramids of freshly baked crusty bread, made me feel as though I were entering a large Greek celebration, in old-world Europe.
Why we like it…
- Rustic, Fresh and Authentic
- Meats are spit roasted in house
- Ingredients are simple, flavors vibrant and fresh
Need to know…
- The front room is cozy, especially by the rotisserie, the back room overlooks the open kitchen and there is a private dining room in the basement.
- Wonderful daily specials.
- Don’t miss the stone-ground coffee heated over hot sand.
- Nice bar and bar menu.
- Pastitsio – traditional casserole of spiced beef & pasta with bechamel
- Mezethes/appetizer menu is delectable
- Kotopoulo Souvlas – lemon-oregano chicken roasted with fasolakya & Kokkari potatoes
- Mosharisia Brizola – charcoal-grilled, dry-aged rib-eye with braised greens & Kokkari potatoes
- Arnisia Paidakia – lamb chops grilled with a lemon-oregano vinaigrette & Kokkari potatoes
- Psari Psito – traditional grilled whole fish with horta & lemon or
- Pagoto Baklava – Baklava ice cream with baklava syrup is sublime
200 Jackson Street(at Front)
San Francisco, CA 94111