Be transported to a delicious and authentic, Roman style trattoria, pizzeria in the heart of downtown Aspen!
If you’ve ever visited a true Italian trattoria, pizzeria and inhaled the smells coming from the kitchen and pizza oven, your mouth has no doubt watered with anticipation. Acquolina, Aspen’s newest restaurant, roughly translated as “mouthwatering” will deliver just that!
Owner Luigi Giordani and his team, gracious Hostess-Gretchen, General Manager-Cristiano Labia, Manager-Sebastian Grazzini and Executive Chef-Filiberto Paglia have done a fantastic job of transforming Giordani’s previous joint venture Gisella, into a much needed casual, modern and chic Italian eatery specializing in delicious homemade pastas, pizzas, panini, focacce, antipasti and salads for lunch with the addition of risotti, simple and delicious entrees (secondi), sides (contorni) and pasta based soups (minestre) for dinner. Roman born GM, Cristiano does a fantastic job of welcoming each guest and immersing them in the authentic trattoria & pizzeria experience, introduce yourself and make a new friend.
In addition Acquolina features a fantastic selection of Italian wines, artisanal Italian beers, grappa and infused liquors served at the lively bar by mixologists, Aron and Cisco. Love olive oil and balsamic vinegar? Enjoy the house varieties offered at your table or go a bit deeper by experiencing Italy’s exceptional offerings available for sale by the bottle; but don’t worry they make your choice a bit easier by providing an optional tasting of both.
Why we like it…
- Great atmosphere, featuring beautiful vintage photographs of Sophia Loren’s movies
- Simple, mouthwatering dishes using authentic ingredients
- A great place to EAT, DRINK and ENJOY!
- Super friendly staff, exceptional service
Need to know…
- Fun bar height pizza tables available for walk-ins (with the exception of the holiday season, then reservations are a must)
- Reservations in the dining room
- Full bar with an extensive selection of liquors, although wines and artisanal beers are not to be missed
- Enjoy a creative selection of focacce with their extensive selection of olive oils and balsamic vinegars and purchase your favorite to take home or gift.
- Every pasta, we tried was exceptional
- Nice selection of Antipasti
- Heavier protein based dishes for dinner are fantastic
Acquolina-Trattoria & Pizzeria
415 East Main Street
Aspen, CO 81611