Refreshing, tangy and a little bit spicy, just like the dance known as a Cumbia. This is the most wonderful way to experience Effen Cucumber Vodka and get your vegetables in all at the same time. We doubled this recipe for 30 people and served several other drinks as well and there was not a single drop left.
Put this one on your signature cocktail list and watch the look on their face when they take that first sip. For an extra finishing touch, rim the glass with lime juice and chile y limon. A Mexican seasoning made with chili, salt and dehydrated lime, available in the mexican food section or at a specialty grocers.
Pour simple syrup into a bowl and chill. Can be made and kept refrigerated up to 1 week ahead.
Working in batches, puree 2 1/2 pounds of cucumbers, lime juice, chile, salt, and 2 cups simple syrup in a blender until smooth.
Strain puree into a large pitcher or bowl.
Cucumber Vodka Cumbia Cocktail
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14 cups 1x
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plus 4 cups water
- 6 cups of Effen Cucumber Vodka
- 2 1/2 pounds cucumbers, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 7 cups) plus 8 cucumber slices for garnish
- 1 cup fresh lime juice plus 8 lime slices for garnish
- 1 serrano chile, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Stir sugar and 2 1/2 cups water in a large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Pour simple syrup into a bowl and chill. Can be made and kept refrigerated up to 1 week ahead.
- Working in batches, puree 2 1/2 pounds of cucumbers, lime juice, chile, salt, and 2 cups simple syrup in a blender until smooth.
- Strain puree into a large pitcher or bowl.
- Mix in 4 cups water and 6 cups of vodka.
- Cover and chill.
- Add cucumber slices, lime slices, and mint sprigs to a pitcher or a jug of chilled Cucumber Vodka Cumbia.
- Can be served over ice or in a martini glass. If serving in a large jug, to keep extra cold take a portion of the mixed drink prior to garnishing and freeze it in an empty, rinsed quart size milk carton. Once frozen, peel off and discard the milk carton and insert the quart size ice cube back into the jug to keep it cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Inspired By | Jimmy Shaw’s Agua Fresca