I know what you’re thinking…but trust us when we tell you these are really good. Several years ago my Dad was in San Miguel de Allende in the far eastern part of the state of Guanajuato in central Mexico. He attended a party and they served these as an appetizer, right after he took the first bite my phone rang. I thought the Food Network was calling but it was my Dad with his rendition of “The Best Thing I Ever Ate”. I couldn’t wait to try them! Many people find the combination strange until they try it… so try it!
Crunchy Peanut Butter Stuffed Jalapeños
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1–2 12oz cans of whole picked jalapeños
- 1 jar of extra crunchy room temperature peanut butter
- Drain the jalapeños, if mixed with onions and carrots set aside for another use.
- Carefully make one slice lengthwise down one side of the pepper.
- Using your fingers or small spoon scoop out the seeds, keeping the stem intact.
- Set aside on a paper towel to dry and repeat until all peppers are free of seeds and dry.
- Using a ziplock back filled with the peanut butter, create a piping bag by tying off the top and snipping off one corner large enough to accommodate the nuts in the peanut butter.
- Fill each pepper with the peanut butter wiping off any excess.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
Courtesy of Amen Wardy