Can you imagine anything more amazing than Coconut and Lilikoi (Passion Fruit) on the same plate.
The flavors sing together in perfect harmony to create a delicious, unforgettable taste explosion in your mouth. This is one of our favorite deserts and can me made in a variety of sizes and presentations. Enjoy a few of ours.Print
Coconut Cheesecake with Lilikoi Glaze
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut in small cubes
- 4–8 oz. packages of cream cheese (do not use lowfat or fat-free
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1–15 oz. can Cream of Coconut (Coco Lopez)
- 1/4 tsp real vanilla extract (or Coconut Extract)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup Lilikoi juice (save 25–30 seeds)
- 3 Tbsp plus 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients in processor until finely ground and sticking together, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 3 inches up sides of a 9-in-springform pan.
- Bake crust until golden, 14 to 15 mins.
- Cool crust on rack.
- Increase oven temp to 425 degrees and proceed to filling.
- Blend cream cheese in processor until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add sugar. Using on/off process to blend, scraping sides and bottom.
- Add cream of coconut, vanilla, and salt: blend 20 seconds, stopping to scrape sides.
- Add eggs 1 at a time; process to blend after each egg. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake cheesecake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees.
- Bake until center is softly set, about 1 hour and 35 minutes longer.
- Turn off oven. Keeping door closed, cool/leave cake in oven for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate cake, uncovered, at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Place 1 Tbsp water in small cup; sprinkle 1/2 gelatin over. Let stand for 10 minutes until gelatin softens set aside.
- Place strainer over a 2-cup measuring cup. Cut Lilikoi (passionfruit) in half, one at a time and spoon fruit including seeds into strainer. Using flexible rubber spatula press until 1/2 cup pulp (fruit and juices) is released into cup. Reserve 25-30 seeds .
- Pour 1/2 cup Lilikoi (passion fruit) juice into small saucepan. Mix in 2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp sugar.
- Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves and bubbles form at edge of pan.
- Add gelatin mixture and stir 1 minute to dissolve. Cool 10 minutes; pour into center of cheesecake. Rotate and tilt cake until glaze is spread evenly over top. Sprinkle reserved seeds over glaze.
- Chill cake to set glaze, at least 1 hour.
- Can be made 1 day ahead, keep covered and chilled.
- Cut around sides to release cake. Remove pan sides. Cut cheesecake into wedges.
- Serve with a sprig of mint and slice of fruit garnish (we used starfruit).
Adapted From | Bon Appetit
- Serving Size: 12