Crab and Corn create the perfect combination for this fresh and delicious salad.
Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce: We recommend this brand only, there is a lot of Sweet Chili Sauce out there but they are mostly too spicy, this one has a little kick to it and is not too sweet. Works well just on his own as a dipping sauce or glaze for grilled fish. If using as a Salad (add organic mixed greens).
Blue Lump Crab-Corn Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- 16 oz. Blue Lump Jumbo Crab Meat
- 1/2 cup Fresh Corn Kernels
- 1 Fresh Avocado
- 1/4 bunch Fresh Cilantro, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 dash Green Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 fresh lime juiced
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- Kosher Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Organic Mixed Greens, if serving as a salad.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the sesame oil on medium high heat.
- Add the corn kernels, season with salt and pepper and sauté until slightly brown and caramelized.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool. In the meanwhile, half the avocado removes the pit and cut it into small cubes and adds to the corn.
- Add the crabmeat, cilantro, sweet chili sauce, green Tabasco sauce and limejuice.
- Season to taste and let sit that all the flavors combine together.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
Chef By | Michael Rueggeberg
- Serving Size: 4 Salads